Investing in Crypto: The Latest Developments & Opportunities
Investors around the world are increasingly turning to cryptocurrencies as a form of investment, with Interactive Brokers (Nasdaq: IBKR) recently launching cryptocurrency trading in Hong Kong in collaboration with OSL Digital Securities, the world’s first Type 1 and 7 Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)-licensed digital asset brokerage and trading platform for professional investors.
The introduction of these services is taking place at a crucial period in the development of the regulated digital asset sector in Hong Kong. Eligible clients, including individuals with over HKD 8 million in investable assets or institutions with assets greater than HKD 40 million who are residents of Hong Kong, will benefit from low costs and the ability to trade crypto alongside many other global products from a single unified platform.
Cryptomus.com is a platform that takes security seriously, using advanced security measures like two-factor authentication, PIN code, Whitelist management and much more to ensure that user data and assets are protected. The platform is dependable and works all the time, so users can send and receive cryptocurrency payments any time they want.
The Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities (DoBS) announced Monday that it has joined 53 other jurisdictions and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in a $45 million settlement with Nexo Capital Inc. (Nexo). The National Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) has identified that Nexo, a corporation set up in the Cayman Islands in 2018, provides a range of virtual currency-based financial services to both retail and institutional customers in the US, encompassing trading, borrowing and lending.
ISHAN WAHI, a former product manager at Coinbase Global, Inc., pled guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud in connection with a scheme to commit insider trading in cryptocurrency assets by using confidential Coinbase information about which crypto assets were scheduled to be listed on Coinbase’s exchanges. He was arrested and charged in July 2022 and pled guilty earlier today before U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska.
Finally, staking is an important process of contributing to the security and operability of a blockchain network by pledging tokens to a ‘validator’ who processes transactions. A proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain network is only as secure as the number of tokens pledged to these validators, making staking an integral part of a secure blockchain environment.
0. “Interactive Brokers Launches Cryptocurrency Trading in Hong Kong …” www.marketscreener.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/INTERACTIVE-BROKERS-GROUP-50014/news/Interactive-Brokers-Launches-Cryptocurrency-Trading-in-Hong-Kong-42977330/
1. “Cryptomus : The All-In-One Solution for Accepting Cryptocurrency …” www.morningstar.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.morningstar.com/news/globe-newswire/8750246/cryptomus-the-all-in-one-solution-for-accepting-cryptocurrency-payments
2. “Pennsylvania to receive money in multi-state cryptocurrency …” www.meadvilletribune.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/pennsylvania-to-receive-money-in-multi-state-cryptocurrency-settlement/article_eb3e6c72-abf2-11ed-acbf-eb6107458d16.html
3. “Pennsylvania to Receive Money in Multi-State Cryptocurrency …” pennwatch.org, 17 Feb. 2023, https://pennwatch.org/pennsylvania-to-receive-money-in-multi-state-cryptocurrency-settlement/
4. “Ishan Wahi pleads guilty in first-ever cryptocurrency insider-trading …” www.newsindiatimes.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.newsindiatimes.com/ishan-wahi-pleads-guilty-in-first-ever-cryptocurrency-insider-trading-case/
5. “Former Coinbase Insider Pleads Guilty in First-Ever Cryptocurrency …” www.hstoday.us, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/cybersecurity/former-coinbase-insider-pleads-guilty-in-first-ever-cryptocurrency-insider-trading-case/