Exploring the Pros and Cons of Cryptocurrency Exchanges
In today’s rapidly growing cryptocurrency market, investors have access to a wide range of digital assets, and exchanges have been the main source for buying and selling these assets. To meet the needs of investors, several cryptocurrency exchanges have been established, each with its own unique features and advantages.
Interactive Brokers (Nasdaq: IBKR) recently launched cryptocurrency trading in Hong Kong through a collaboration with OSL Digital Securities, the world’s first Type 1 and 7 Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)-licensed digital asset brokerage and trading platform for professional investors. Eligible clients, including individuals with over HKD 8 million in investable assets or institutions with assets greater than HKD 40 million who are residents of Hong Kong, now have access to Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) with low commissions of just 0.20% – 0.30% of trade value, depending on monthly volume, and a USD 2.25 minimum per order.
Cryptomus.com is another crypto exchange platform that takes security seriously. It uses advanced security measures like two-factor authentication, PIN code, Whitelist management and much more to ensure that user data and assets are protected at all times. The platform is reliable and functions 24/7, enabling users to both pay and receive payments in cryptocurrencies whenever they please.
The Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities recently joined 53 other jurisdictions and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in a $45 million settlement with Nexo Capital Inc. (Nexo). The company is accused of violating securities registration provisions through its sale of the Nexo Earned Interest Product. Nexo has agreed to pay the state of Pennsylvania a penalty fee of $424,528.30, and will no longer offer or sell the Earned Interest Product, or accept any further investments in it, until it has been established that these activities are compliant with relevant state and federal securities laws.
Beginning in October 2020, ISHAN WAHI worked at Coinbase as a product manager assigned to a Coinbase asset listing team. In that role, Wahi had detailed and advanced knowledge of which crypto assets Coinbase was planning to list and the timing of public announcements about these listings. On multiple occasions between June 2021 and April 2022, Wahi violated his duties of trust and confidence to Coinbase by providing confidential business information to Nikhil Wahi and Sameer Ramani so that they could secretly engage in profitable trades around public announcements by Coinbase.
0. “Interactive Brokers Launches Cryptocurrency Trading in Hong Kong …” www.marketscreener.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/INTERACTIVE-BROKERS-GROUP-50014/news/Interactive-Brokers-Launches-Cryptocurrency-Trading-in-Hong-Kong-42977330/
1. “Cryptomus : The All-In-One Solution for Accepting Cryptocurrency …” www.morningstar.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.morningstar.com/news/globe-newswire/8750246/cryptomus-the-all-in-one-solution-for-accepting-cryptocurrency-payments
2. “A Comprehensive Guide to Cryptocurrency Exchange Development …” www.antiersolutions.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.antiersolutions.com/the-essential-components-of-a-cryptocurrency-exchange-2/
3. “Pennsylvania to Receive Money in Multi-State Cryptocurrency …” pennwatch.org, 17 Feb. 2023, https://pennwatch.org/pennsylvania-to-receive-money-in-multi-state-cryptocurrency-settlement/
4. “Pennsylvania to receive money in multi-state cryptocurrency …” www.meadvilletribune.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/pennsylvania-to-receive-money-in-multi-state-cryptocurrency-settlement/article_eb3e6c72-abf2-11ed-acbf-eb6107458d16.html
5. “Former Coinbase Insider Pleads Guilty in First-Ever Cryptocurrency …” www.hstoday.us, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/cybersecurity/former-coinbase-insider-pleads-guilty-in-first-ever-cryptocurrency-insider-trading-case/
6. “Ishan Wahi pleads guilty in first-ever cryptocurrency insider-trading …” www.newsindiatimes.com, 17 Feb. 2023, https://www.newsindiatimes.com/ishan-wahi-pleads-guilty-in-first-ever-cryptocurrency-insider-trading-case/