Alto CryptoIRA: A Great Choice for Individual Cryptocurrency Investors
Alto CryptoIRA is a great choice for individuals looking to invest in cryptocurrencies outside of a fund. Through a partnership with Coinbase, users have access to over 200 digital assets, which can be added to their IRA. Alto CryptoIRA also offers users over 70 alternative investment options, such as managed crypto funds, private equity, venture capital funds, and crowdfunded real estate platforms.
The Alto CryptoIRA has no account fee and charges a fee of 1.5% of the value of the transaction for crypto trades. An account closure fee and an outgoing wire fee are both applicable. Alto also doesn’t charge setup fees or require an account minimum, making it an ideal option for those investing a small portion of their portfolio in cryptocurrencies.
In addition to Alto CryptoIRA, iTrustCapital is another great option for those looking to invest in cryptocurrencies within their IRAs. Although iTrustCapital has a higher minimum deposit of $1,000, it supports a lower number of tokens than Alto. Both iTrustCapital and Alto offer user-friendly, convenient platforms to invest with your IRA retirement account, and both platforms are accessible 24/7 and provide real-time trading.
In terms of fees, both iTrustCapital and Alto charge a 1% transaction fee for cryptocurrencies. iTrustCapital charges a $50 fee for trading physical gold and silver, while Alto charges $10 to $50 transaction fees to trade non-crypto assets and monthly or annual account fees.
In addition to fees, individuals should also be aware of the annual contribution limits to an IRA account. For the tax year 2022, the limit is $6,000, while for 2023, the limit is $6,500, plus a catch‑up contribution of $1,000 for those aged 50 and over.
Account holders should also note that holding crypto in an IRA can increase diversification but its extreme volatility makes it a poor choice for a retirement investment. Therefore, it is important to consider your individual situation before investing in a crypto IRA. Finally, be sure to perform thorough due diligence on the platform to understand all the pros and cons before investing.
0. “Alto CryptoIRA Review 2022: Features, Products, and Fees” milkroad.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://milkroad.com/reviews/alto-cryptoira
1. “Alto Crypto IRA Review – Peer Through Media” peerthroughmedia.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://peerthroughmedia.com/alto-crypto-ira-review/
2. “Alto IRA Review : Can You Invest in Crypto in an IRA?” financebuzz.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://financebuzz.com/alto-ira-review
3. “Bitcoin IRA Review – Is It The Best Crypto IRA in 2023?” www.wallstreetzen.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://www.wallstreetzen.com/blog/bitcoin-ira-review/
4. “Alto IRA vs. iTrustCapital – Cryptocurrency – Banks.com” www.banks.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://www.banks.com/articles/investing/cryptocurrency/alto-ira-vs-itrustcapital/
5. “Can You Own Crypto in Your Roth IRA? – Investopedia” www.investopedia.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://www.investopedia.com/crypto-in-roth-ira-5220342
6. “Alto CryptoIRA Review 2023: Invest in Crypto … – Investor Junkie” investorjunkie.com, 17 Jan. 2023, https://investorjunkie.com/reviews/alto-crypto-ira-review/